Having completed the roof trim, proceed to the finish of the overhangs. At the same time with their filing install ventilation and drains.
What is eaves cladding
Filing of overhangs performs the same functions as the roofing of the house, and is used for:
maintaining an optimal microclimate in the house;
protection of the insulating layer and heat;
- protection from the influence of atmospheric phenomena;
- ensuring an attractive appearance of the roof and the house as a whole.
Eaves cladding is an easy task that a non-professional can handle.
The overhangs are drawn up after the installation of the roof and the completion of the work to mount the eaves and to warm the gable. Otherwise, a part of the wall under the cladding may remain without insulation, which will break the insulation.
Arranging the roof, the rafters lead out beyond the walls of the house by 90 cm. There is such a belief that everyone see the roof overhang, extending the life of the house for 10 years.
At the stage of sheathing the construction of the truss system, the ends of the truss legs line and trim the crate bars and boards in one line.
Materials for eaves cladding
Different materials are used for covering roof overhangs. When choosing them, you must be guided not only by price, but also consider the compatibility of the materials.
Lining or planed boards are most often used for filing roof overhangs in wooden houses. The wood used must be protected from rotting by special compounds and have a moisture content not exceeding 40%. Ventilation is carried out through the gaps between the boards, which range from 7 to 12 mm - thus, the air circulates through the structure over the entire area of the overhangs.
Plastic lining, vinyl siding - the most economical type of finish, characterized by ease of installation. In the finished binder must be made ventilation holes.
Metal siding, profiled sheet is the least preferred material for filing, since corrosive processes begin at the sites of cuts and perforations for ventilation openings.
Soffits - PVC or metal (usually aluminum) panels designed for tamping roof overhangs. On the surface of the spotlights there is a perforation that provides ventilation.
Roof overhangs can be arranged in different ways. You can leave the rafters not hemmed from the bottom, and leave their ends decorative.
The technology of eaves cladding
The finishing covering of overhangs of a roof is carried out in two ways.
Fixing the sheathing on the rafters
This method is applicable to sloping roofs. As the basis for the lining used rafters without arranging additional mounting structures. Installation is performed in the following sequence:
- The ends of the rafters are cut vertically.
- On the underside of the rafters leveling bars are stuffed with a cross section of 10 × 4 cm.
- Between the extreme bars stretched cord.
- On this cord all other bars are stuffed.
- Performing finishing trim rafters.
Making boxes for roof overhangs
For covering roof overhangs with a large slope of the slopes create a frame. The box is made of wooden bars. The sequence of its installation is as follows:
- The ends of the rafters are cut in vertical and horizontal planes.
- One board is nailed to the rafters below, to their horizontal slice.
- The second board is mounted on the wall of the house in the place where the rafters go beyond the wall. The bottom surfaces of the boards should be on the same horizontal level.
- The boards are filled with transverse bars, which are subsequently performed finishing plating.
If a material that does not have ventilation holes is used, it is necessary to insert the ventilation grilles during the installation of the binder.
A thoughtful choice of material and following the technology will allow you to equip the binder overhangs of the roof, which will provide a complete look to the roof of the house and serve for its thermal insulation.