Мы находимся по адресу:Russia, Saint Petersburg, Oktyabrskaya naberezhnaya, 112Северный дом Позвоните нам:+7 921 412 76 82
Construction stages of wooden frame houses and log buildings
We divide the entire process of wooden house construction into the following stages:
- Project design — finalising the exterior of the house, internal layout, materials, interior, adapting the project of a prospective building to the terrain.
- Foundation — finalising the type of foundation depending on the construction site, soil and requirements of the client.
- Logging and processing — of dry two-edged cant, winter wood, spruce, pine, larch, cedar - in accordance with the project.
- Building log houses on our construction site. The North House is one of few companies that can build a frame house or a log house under cover. If a house is built from dry wood, then it has to be constructed under an overhang.
- Disassembling a log building — if agreed upon, we can grind the building and install hidden electrical immediately.
- Loading into vehicles — discussing types of vehicles with the client (mainly their length), possibilities of driving up onto the property (many territories cannot fit vehicles that are 12m long). Sending vehicles according to the installation process.
- Assembling a log building — finalising insulation type (wool, flax, jute, moss), waterproofing the foundation, installation of a tower crane or planning the work of a truck crane for house installation, arranging space and storing part of the log building on site, work planning.
- Installing a roof — depending on the time of the year and the client's wishes, after assembling the log house we can can cover it with a temporary roof or install a full turnkey roof structure immediately.
- Coating a log building — exterior walls with colour matching and antiseptic treatment (Remmers antiseptic).
- Making casing — installation of windows and doors of the outer perimeter of the house.
- Installing electrical and plumbing.
- Finishing works — installation of floors and interior doors.
At every stage we need to work closely with the client to jointly make decisions on each element of the house, the materials used, their quality and colour. Customers have different capabilities and requirements, so the cost-effective options that will not be detrimental to the quality of the future house, need to be discussed and finalised. We welcome the decision of the client to hire a technical expert to daily supervise the progress of the construction of the house.
How to commission the construction of a frame house or log building
When you choose the construction for your future house, pay attention to the wooden frame houses based on the Norwegian technology. They are not common in Russia, they are a combination of a log house and a frame house. The construction of such a house requires a lot of experience, in particular, in the construction of the supporting frame itself and its installation - it is fundamentally different from other frame houses. The North House company has been building frame houses for Norway and Russia for more than 8 years. We can build a frame house and a log house equally well.
We do not construct buildings from dimensional timber. This construction technology is a separate topic in wooden house construction, and it has its own specifics.
Specialists of our company are always happy to assist you with solving any problems when designing a project of a frame or log house. We will also help you at all stages of the construction, managing its organisation and ensuring that all issues are resolves in the best possible way for you.