Choosing the right roof covering is a rather difficult decision to make, and all due to the fact that there is a huge variety of roofing materials. It is only necessary to pay attention to durability, reliability, beauty, ease of installation, the proportion of 1m², efficiency and maintainability.
Structures of wooden houses, log houses, frame houses and any structures that we build allow you to install the roof from almost any material.
The practical choice of material is yours. In order to describe all the advantages and disadvantages of materials, you need to devote a whole site with a forum where you can argue about these or other qualities of roofing for a long time.
In our article, we would like to talk in more detail about such a rare roof covering in our country as a green roof. That philosophy and aesthetics, which the Northern House company adheres to, support the green roof because it is incredibly original and like nothing else fits into the general view of a wooden house made of logs up to a quarter of a meter thick. In addition to the beauty and originality, the green roof is very practical. Firstly, it is very warm, in terms of durability. The entire production technology in conjunction with modern waterproofing materials provides all the requirements for this coating. In terms of heat resistance, there is no need to say this - a green roof does not burn. No other roof has surpassed this in noise insulation.
Green roof stability
- A ceiling board is laid on the ceiling beams.
- On the ceiling boards fit vapor barrier.
- A crate is laid on top of the vapor barrier (as a rule it is a board up to 150 mm wide).
- Between boards fit insulation.
- On top of the insulation is also covered with a layer of vapor insulation.
- A counter crate is laid on the crate (the counter crate is needed for natural ventilation of the space between the thermal insulation layer and the roof itself, since the waterproofing will not allow moisture to go outside and the insulation may dampen the ceiling on the ceiling).
- Next, fit the plate of pressed chips.
- Waterproofing is laid on the stove.
- On top of the waterproofing can be laid earthen roof, which can be of several types. (bulk, using geotextiles as reinforcing layers, formed in the form of ready-made reinforced peat briquettes, and using a special cellular reinforcing lattice with a width of about 10 cm, in which the ground is poured and the lawn is planted.
- The lawn can be used both sowing and already ready, which is sold in rolls.
- The ends of the roof slopes are supported by support boards, which are held at the corners.
- The roof layer, where the insulation is laid, is hemmed with boards with holes for air flow from the end of the roof slopes. From the inside, these openings are covered with a fine mesh so that birds do not climb into the roof.
You can use absolutely any vegetation on the roof. You can choose varieties of lawn grass, which does not grow above a certain size. You can use others with wildflowers. Such a lawn will not be as neat as the usual Canadian, but it will be no less original.
Of course the weight of such a roof is large enough. For this reason, we use logs with a diameter of 35 cm in the construction of ceiling beams. We also recommend using a more solid foundation, such as a solid slab.
The North House company has all the necessary experience to construct any time of roof. Our experts will help you make the best choice for your wooden house, log house or cottage